Yoga is a mental, physical, and spiritual practice having its origin roots in ancient India. Now, it has become popular in the west. Yoga, this word is from Sanskrit ‘yuj’ meaning ‘to yoke’ and ‘samadhi’ or concentration. Precisely, yoga is a practice aiming to bring in one line the body, mind, and spirit. Eventually, the aim is to attain liberation.
What is a yoga studio?
Yoga studio Park City refers to a building, a room or other place conducting yoga classes. It is a simple single room, and if there are more people performing yoga, it can be a complex structure featuring multiple classrooms. These classrooms may feature heated humidified rooms to perform hot yoga in association with built-in props.
Statistically, yoga studios are small in size. In fact, more than half of the yoga studios in the US receive per week fewer than 100 students and yoga instructors less than six people.
Yoga in the West relates the asanas, especially the stretching exercises, to relax and build flexibility in the body. Performing yoga asanas ensures one to build strength, stamina, balance, and coordination. However, this aspect of yoga takes different paths, including Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, and Jnana yoga.
Yoga is also regarded to be therapeutic for mental and physical conditions. Nevertheless, studies also demonstrated its effectiveness for back pain as treatment. Yoga was found to be effective in relieving schizophrenia and stress.
What is Hot Yoga?
Hot yoga can be referred to as doing yoga in a heated room. There are a few hot yoga styles. The original hot yoga is the Bikram yoga and is best known. This is the reason many people interchange both Bikram and Hot yoga. However, interchangeably the fact is that though Bikram yoga is hot, not all the hot yoga is Bikram.
Hot Yoga Park City refers to a vinyasa flowing style taught in Park City. In this yoga style, there are many poses. Even when the class is taken, the room is retained with a 95 to 105 F temperature. A vigorous yoga session makes your body really warm at high temperatures and also induces sweating. The intent is to loosen heat from your muscles, and with the sweat, it cleanses your body.
Bikram yoga is another style in hot yoga. The hot yoga options are referred to as the Moksha Yoga. This is also referred to as Modo Yoga in the US. However, the independent or locally-owned yoga studios follow their own heated classes’ style.
Tips and Precautions
Hot yoga requires a little preparation ahead and the proper gear to handle the heat:
- Bringing your own yoga mat is essential as while performing hot yoga, you will sweat in tons. Get good, quality yoga mat towels to perform hot yoga. Get good towels to put over the mat so that the sweat gets absorbed and the traction is improved.
- The sweating in hot yoga means you can choose to wear the right yoga attire. Men and women normally wear capris or long pants and top tight-fitting. This is because it averts from slipping during poses.
- The hot yoga class actual temperature varies with each studio and style. They have the heat as 108.
- The students are performing hot yoga suit the catchphrase ‘sweating out the toxins.’ The truth is sweating gives a better feel, but is not a detoxification system part.
- Drink lots of water during, before, and after the yoga class so that you stay hydrated. Another very important fact to remember is to avoid eating before two hours of the class timing.
Bikram yoga is the style set in a hot room. It includes two exercises of pranayama with 26 postures set. Bikram yoga Park City ensures performing each in a 90-minute single class.
Bikram yoga was founded by Bikram Choudhury in Beverly Hills, California. His wife Rajashree was also a yoga champion. This yoga soon gained popularity in the West.
As the yoga classes of Bikram started receiving Hollywood elite members, it reached the peak of fame and reputation. The attractiveness of Bikram yoga was that people could feel the heat relaxing the muscles and offering the desired relief.